Monday, February 15, 2010

February 5, 2010 Dear Charles...

On Tuesday I left you lying on the floor in your room while I was filling up the bath. When I came back, to my surprise, I found you sitting up! Daddy says he has seen you do this before however I have not. He said he thinks he’s seen you go from being in a crawling position to pushing back into a seated position. I can’t wait to see you do this, myself. You have been on your hands and knees so much lately. You are making a lot of progress in stretching and scooting yourself forward to reach objects. I really think crawling could start any day now.

I see you are becoming more coordinated in different ways. You used to splay your legs out when drinking your bottle (see photo from November) but now you like to cross them at the ankles.


It is so cute. You used to be so focused on drinking your milk where all of your limbs would be motionless while all energy was concentrated at your mouth. But, now you constantly pull at my face or at something while drinking. I will have to get a photo of you with your ankles crossed. Today 2/7 Daddy and I watched you scoot yourself forward for many toys. You start out crawling but your belly drops to the floor and you push yourself and reach with your arms. And now I've seen you sit up on your own too.


Tonight was your first Super Bowl. Daddy and I don’t really follow football. We also don’t watch TV when you are awake. Yet, tonight we had the Super Bowl on and let you watch some. I don’t think any of us enjoyed it too much but we had some good food (acorn squash and peas for you, acorn squash, rice and steak for us) and ate together as a family. Peas are your latest new food, next up is mangos. You’ve been eating cinnamon on your apples and cereal for breakfast and also a small lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment