Monday, January 25, 2010

January 24, 2010 Dear Charles...



You are officially 7 months old! We can’t believe it. On Friday the 22nd, we had a little celebration for you. Daddy and I put on party hats and served you your first avocados. Mommy loves avocados so I have been looking forward to you trying them. You really liked them with some apple mixed in. Odd combination if you ask me but you have been having a ball eating this the last couple of nights. The biggest news is the two teeth we have spotted coming in! Today you were biting on my finger as you do from time to time, and boy did it hurt. Looks like we are going to have to break you of this habit. Last Wednesday (1/20) Mom brought you into the office excited to show me that she had spotted your first tooth! It is just a line of white at this point but it is sharp. Then the next day she spotted your second tooth! The first one was your upper left tooth next to your middle teeth and the second one is your upper right next to your middle. Too cute! I really didn’t expect that I would be excited but I was and am just thrilled at the sight of these teeth that are beginning to show. In addition to oatmeal cereal, you have been eating pears, apples, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, avocados. Peaches and peas are on the horizon. We’ve been mixing in fruit with your morning cereal and then vegetable or vegetable/fruit combo for dinner. I think you have taken to the avocado/apple dish more than anything so far but maybe it just seems that way since it is most recent. Soon we will start adding some spices and trying more combos and then adding a midday meal. Supposedly the more foods you try now the more varied your diet will be later and the less fussy of an eater you will be. This goes the same for my diet affecting your breast milk. Hopefully all of the variety I have been eating since pregnant with you will rub off! I aim to try as many combinations and spices as I can with your baby food. So far so good. Oh- and we like to give you a little water from a cup at meal time. You love sticking your tongue in the water and get excited when we approach with the cup. It is so cute.



You are slowly growing more hair. The bald spot on the back of your head is growing some hair now. Maybe because you sit up more and like to be on your tummy more now. In fact you sleep on your stomach almost all of the time now. You turn on your tummy when I try to change your diaper. It isn’t fun for me at all! I think you feel like you are in control on your tummy (and you are) so you flip over whenever someone is trying to do something to you. You even started to try to flip over in your bathtub the other day. We started you in a little bath seat on the 22nd. Not sure how long it will last. We will probably get you in just the tub alone here as soon as we are feeling you can sit up a little better. You can’t really reach your arms to splash and play much when you are in the seat so it will be nice to have you just in the tub alone.
You sit up better and better each day. You are so strong that you really hurt us sometimes by grabbing with full strength at our faces, hair, eyes, glasses, nose, mouth. At your 6 month check up on Jan 12 you weighed 19 lbs 15.5oz. So, I'd say you are at 20 pounds now. We love you so much "Big C"!


No comments:

Post a Comment