Saturday, December 12, 2009

December 10, 2009 Dear Charles....

Charles in Motion





Where do I begin? You are getting bigger every day (of course). Each week is new for you. You have gone from not being able to reach things with your hands to reaching for everything in sight and with precision. You love to grab things and shake them violently back and forth. You are so strong. You don’t kick as much any more but when you do, we can see just how strong your legs are. You have learned how to jump in your jumper and when we hold you up to practice standing now you bend your knees to jump. I will lift you high in the air when you do this as if you are jumping. This always gets a big smile. But I can only lift you a couple of times because you are so heavy.



You are full of smiles though now. Every day we see many smiles and open mouthed grins and laughs from you. My new goal in life is to see you grow into an adult that is just as happy. You roll over to your stomach a lot now. Many mornings I find you on your stomach. Right now you also roll on to your stomach at bedtime or in the night and cry a little like you are uncomfortable but if I roll you on to your back or side you roll back over. I think you are struggling a lot right now to be comfortable. Your body is growing so fast and all of the feelings that go along with it are new to you. You are definitely experiencing some teething pain and like to bite on things. Sometimes I let you bite on my fingers which you really seem to like. We can tell your mouth is bothering you some nights and some nights are better than others. But no visual evidence of teeth appearing yet. At times you can have practically your whole hand in your mouth!

Some days you make new sounds of high squeals, usually you are pretty vocal in the morning. You like to make a raspberry type sound with your tongue a lot. Surrounding the Thanksgiving holiday you were really focused on sticking out your tongue. I swear you actually had your tongue out almost the whole day on Thanksgiving. I wish I could capture all of the sounds on video and tape and take pictures of you every day so that we never forget a moment. But, it is very hard keeping up with you and our jobs and just getting through each day. So, we just try our best every day and hope we will save enough images and movies to cherish in the future. We haven’t started you eating rice cereal yet but we are planning to soon. If it goes well we might feed you some mashed sweet potatoes for your 6 month birthday coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment