Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 18, 2009 Dear Charles...



This weekend we went to Elgin, TX to a pumpkin patch to take some pictures and buy pumpkins for your first Halloween. We actually did not buy any pumpkins but just enjoyed the scenery and took some pictures of all of us and Grandma and Grandpa. It was very sunny and even though we were only in the sun for maybe 20 minutes total your cheeks got a little pink. I will buy some baby sunscreen before taking you out like that again. You were pretty grumpy in the sun with us trying to take your picture with a pumpkin. I felt bad. We finally got the first pictures of you smiling here when talking to Grandpa. You were distracted by him and didn’t see Grandma’s camera peeking over his shoulder. He was really making you laugh. You have finally gotten to the point where it is easy to make you smile. Every morning you wake up with a huge smile to see me and start making your cute sounds. I hope you are this happy when you wake up forever.





On Sunday you rolled over from your tummy to your back by yourself. By pushing on my leg or hands with your feet you were able to scoot to a toy. I watched you roll over to your side to suck your thumb multiple times and then get stuck on your tummy and cry for me after a while to roll you over. We went on your first walk at the trail formerly known as Town Lake Trail (Lady Bird Lake). You slept the whole way. I was worried you might start crying but you didn't so I was able to walk for about an hour with no problem. It was a beautiful day and the trail was more crowded than I have ever seen it before. A lot of other little ones out there riding in their Bob strollers. The noises and smiles keep coming today. It's a really sweet time in babyhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment