Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 5, 2009 Dear Charles...

You are 6 weeks old this week. You are making more sounds. Prior to this week most of your sounds were grunts, wheezes and this goat-like sound like you are clearing your throat. But this morning when I carried you to your room you made sounds like the baby-type babble you expect to hear from babies. You are more alert than ever. Looking at your black and white book earlier this week you reached out to it, kicked your leg and made sounds of excitement at each page. Luckily we have a couple more books like this on order. We will probably have to transition you to your crib pretty soon. Your arms can reach to both sides of your bassinet now and you are getting stronger by the day. Your dad had practiced "standing" with you last weekend. So now you really like it when we hold you up on our laps and let you stand on your strong legs. You are lifting and holding up your head more and more too. I hate to have you move to your room as I cherish these brief moments with you sleeping next to the bed. Lately I spend most of the day pumping milk for you and don't actually get to be with you very much. We still have plenty of time though before you need to sleep in your crib so I will make sure to relish these moments of you sleeping so sweetly next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment